- Gessner - If applicant has not made a roadtest payment ($11 for those holding the learner permit) make sure applicant arrives more than 3 hours prior test time. Some complains when process of roadtest payment done after roadtest time, roadtest may be required to reschedule.Driving, must be 30 MPH on main road when get out from DPS parking lot, in the neighborhood drive slow from 15 to 20 MPH because too much parked vehicles on street, advice keep 1 door open space when passing.Turn Right on Red traffic light. Back up vehicle must stop when see on coming traffic from behind.
- Dacoma - Do not drive more than 30 miles per hours on 4 lane road, many student hit the Right curve after finishing parallel parking before going to the road.
- Rosenberg - Knowledge for using center lane, meet Right turn when Red light on, speed must be more than 35 MPH when being on main road (the 5 lane road).
- Tristar - Change lane Right, turn Left on Unprotected green light.
- Twinkle - Knowledge of using median when turning Left.
- Alvin - Turn left at the unprotected traffic light intersection.
- Austin - The only one location accepts walk in road test, sometimes they offer limited walk in roadtest at Rosengberg location, Our staff brings student from 3AM to get them in line.
It is advised to make a roadtest payment in advance for permit holders when decided for taking walk in roadtest.
When there is a stop sign with a blind spot like a tree, plant or fence blocking your vision, make it 2 times. One for a stop sign (3 seconds rule) and make another stop for a blind spot by rolling vehicle.
Use Center lane for making a left turn. Make sure you enter the center lane and Yield for on coming vehicles before turning Left. But do not Yield for the vehicle has been Stopped from the Stop sign by your left corner.
Distance of parking space
Length: 310 inches, about 15 foot steps
Width: Front pole - 88 inches from the curve, about 7 shoe matching, Rear pole: 75 inches from the curve, about 4 shoe matching
Stop your vehicle siding the Rear Wheel with the front Pole, distance from 12 to 15 inches.Turn steering wheel all the way to the R then slowly backing the vehicle and looking to the Left side mirror finding the Rear pole as references, the Pole will be seen from the Left side mirror, keep backing up until it disappears then stop the vehicle.
Turn the steering wheel all the way to the Left then continue backing up until your vehicle straight. Steering wheel can be hang on with Left turning or turn it to straight position.